A LOOK BACK
at STEM Festival 2012-2013
You shop. Amazon gives.
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com. Click on the link below.
- Your shopping will support:
Discovery School of Lancaster County
For Ideas about volunteer needs at our school please call:
Mrs. Paulette Jane or
Becky Smith, Parent Coordinator
Host Family Needed for Japanese Teacher Intern
Ms. Narumi Hoshino
· Attends Nihon University / Tokyo, Japan / described as a “diligent student”
· February through March, 2019 (8 weeks)
· Is in the second year of international studies (20 years old).
· Interested in world peace and belongs to a college students’ discussion group
· Plays some musical instruments and is especially interested in jazz.
· Small stipend to cover meals.
· For more information, contact Tom McDuffie at 803-416-8874 or email at email@example.com
PROFESSION DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR TEACHERS
There is a 30 week Professional Development opportunity for teachers offered by our Gifted and Talented Teachers. Go to the GT webpage and look for the link to the Professional Development page. The lessons are added each week and the instructions are there for you to follow. Must complete 15 lessons.
Professional Development Opportunities Click Link here
MAKE-UP DAYS FOR LCSD DUE TO STORM
JAN 14 and FEB 18 WILL BE FULL DAY MAKE-UP DAYS
DISCOVERY SCHOOL STAFF 2018-2019
Please watch the following TED Video, “Why we should all be reading aloud to children” featuring Rebecca Bellingham at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBuT2wdYtpM .
Then complete the See Think Wonder chart for 1 parent volunteer hour.
Please return the completed chart to school and we will log your volunteer hour.
If you have any questions please call the school at (803) 285-8430.
HELPING YOUR KIDS SUCCEED!!!
Please watch the following short video clip and use a circle map to identify additional things you as a parent can do to help your child succeed.
A Special Thanks to Shellie Mitchell for the lovely Reading Tree picture at the front of the school.